“Past, present and future – MAN’s engineers have nurtured a pioneering spirit for over 100 years. Ever since Rudolf Diesel’s time, We’ve been putting progress into engine and vehicle technology. Setting standards in quality and service, it’s our aim to serve our customers”
Rudolf Christian Karl Diesel (1858 – 1913)
German inventor and mechanical engineer, inventor of the original diesel engine
MAN’s History is one marked by important milestones. One of the most notable was Rudolf Diesel’s ingenious invention, which he completed at MAN between 1893 and 1897. The triumph of the diesel began – and MAN paved the way and has been there ever since. The first marketable direct-injection diesel in 1923, the first use of exhaust-gas turbocharging in 1951 and change-air cooling in 1979 are just some of the highlights. But then or now – MAN is still driven to develop new innovations for the benefit of our customers.
Why You Need MAN Diesel Engine
Power Across the Board
Man’s diesel engines use the latest technology, direct high pressure injection of fuel through multi-hole nozzles, for example. Supercharging and re-cooling of the combustion air together with a high mean pressure ensure low-pollutant combustion with exhaust-gas and noise emissions well below the current maximum limits.
MAN diesels are nevertheless compact, powerful, durable and always raring to go. They are economical to operate, for example in terms of fuel consumption – thanks to the low-cost manufacturing based on the large-scale series production of MAN’s basic D08 and D28 ranges. For generating sets they thus offer a whole host of convincing advantages.
- High specific output of up to 33kW/I displacement
- Fast response to load changes and reliability under peak loads
- Environmental compatibility thanks to the lowest pollutant emissions
- Low running costs owing to low consumption of fuel and lube oil
- Use of biodiesel (RME) possible with restrictions
- Robust, compact design to save space
- Long useful life coupled with low maintenance effort and good access to all points requiring service
- Wide range of accesories to suit all needs